1) Important Expressions and Prepositions تعبيرات وحروف جر هامة make a decision a good night’s sleep make a prediction in ten minutes make a promise move to do a test based on do a journey sleep on a sleeper train on Saturday sleeping car on a timetable prepare for اسم on its way to put down the bed on a plane arrange ( to مصدر / for ( اسم be on a journey travel in first class at the front of the train wake up view (C) scenery (UC) work at the shop
2) arrive at - arrive in - get to - reach - They arrived in Aswan last Monday. - I’ll call you when I arrive at the hotel. - What time does your bus arrive? - He got to school by bus. - After three hours, we reached Alexandria. - We won’t arrive home until noon on Saturday. - He was the first man to arrive there.
3) adjectives المساواة المقارنة بين اثنين المقارنة بين واحد ومجموعة جمله مثبتهas جملة منفيهas/so صفة طويلة أو as صفة قصيرة er than the صفة قصيرة est صفة قصيرة more صفة طويلة than the most صفة طويلة …… the same اســم as …… less the least - The express train is much faster than the stopping train. - First class is more comfortable than economy (second) class. 4) ask to مصدر – ask مفعول to مصدر – ask مفعول for اسـم - You asked to see me. - Imad’s father asked the driver to take him to the station. - He asked me for help.
5) a way to مصدر – a way of ( V.ing ( اسم أو - Travelling by train is a way to see the scenery of a country. - System means a way of doing something.
6) It’s fun + ( V.ing أو to ( مصدر - It’s fun to play tennis. - It’s fun playing tennis. - It’s fun going to sleep and knowing that we’re going to wake up in a different place the next day!
7) help + مفعول + (to (المصدر بـ أو بدون // help + (to(المصدر بـ أو بدون help + مفعول + with اسم // help + with اسم - She is helping her mother to prepare for a family party. - He helps people get onto the correct train. - The project helps to solve pollution. - The scientists have developed a new medicine to help fight heart disease. - My mother helped me with my homework. - Sometimes I have to help with extremely big problems.
on time late في الوقت المحدد in time too late في الوقت المناسب - She does all her homework on time. (= neither late nor early) - We arrived at the hotel in time for dinner. (= early enough )
9) by ( bus – train – plane – car – taxi ) on foot - I usually go to school by bus. - He goes to work on foot. - We went there in my uncle’s car. - The tourists enjoy riding on camels. 10) another – other – others – the other 1. يأتي بعد another اسم مفرد: - You want to buy a train ticket to another city. و أحيانا نقول: another two – another three – another four …)) - I want another five pounds. 2. يأتي بعد other اسم جمع - There are a lot of other people waiting for the train. 3. لا يأتي اسم بعد others وهي تُشير الى اسم جمع - That statue is the original one. All the others are copied. 4. يأتي بعد the other اسم مفرد أو جمع , وتأتي بدون اسم - He had an accident during his way to the other town. - I don’t want these shoes. I want the other shoes. - We took a ferry to cross from one side of the Nile to the other.