لطلاب ثالثة ثانوي , ننشر ..
تلخيص قصة سجين زندا للثانوي العامة بـ "العربي"
تحميل الملخص pdf من هنا
سجين زنـــــــــدا س و ج
1. What did he tell his family about his plans?
a) He was going to meet George Featherly b) He was going to attend the coronation.
c) He was going walking in the Alps d) He was going to write a book about physics.
2. Rudolf didn't tell his family about his plans to travel to Ruritania because............... .
a) He never liked to tell them where he was going b) His family hated Ruritania
c) Rose persuaded him to take the job d) Rose would know he was still serious
3. What did Rose Rassendyll blame Rudolf for?
a) She blamed him for being active b) She blamed him for not doing anything useful
c) She blamed him for working in an embassy d) She blamed him for being a strong swordsman
4. What was Uncle William's advice for those passing through Paris?
a) It was to sit with Antoinette de Mauban b) It was to have dinner with his friends
c) It was to take the job offered to him d) It was to spend a day in the city.
5. Who did Rudolf Rassendyll call on in Paris?
a) He called Antoinette de Mauban's servants b) He called on the Duke of Strelsau
c) He called on Rose and Antoinette de Mauban d) He called on two old friends
6. Rassendyll didn't tell George that he was going to Ruritania?
a) He would have told Rose b) He would have told uncle William
c) He would have told the Duke of Strelsau d) He would have told Bertram
7. Who is Rose Rassendyll?
a) She is Rassendyll's sister. b) She is Rassendyll's countess.
c) She is Rassendyll's sister-in law. d) She is Rassendyll's wife.
8. Who is Rudolf Rassendyll?
a) He is Lord Burlesdon b) He is a wealthy English gentleman
c) He is a an English ambassador d) He is Rose's husband
9. Where does George Featherly work?
a) An embassy in England b) An embassy in Paris
c) A car agency Paris d) A restaurant in Paris
10. Antoinette de Mauban was known for....................... .
a) Her beauty and selfishness b) Her wealth and ambition
c) Her honesty and tolerance d) Her patience and peace of mind
11. Why did Antoinette de Mauban go to Paris?
a) To meet George Featherly b) To get money from the Duke of Strelsau
c) She was a guest of the Duke of Strelsau d) She was a girlfriend of Rassendyll
12. Who was Duke Michael Elphberg?
a) He was Rudolf Elphberg's half-brother b) He was Rudolf Elphberg's uncle
c) He was the king of Ruritania d) He was a servant in the restaurant
13. George Featherly thought that the Duke of Strelsau wouldn't enjoy the coronation of his half brother because................. .
a) Michael wanted to marry De Mauban b) Michael wished he were the king.
c) Michael prepared for the coronation d) His brother Rudolf was older than him
14. When would Sir Jacob be an ambassador?
a) in 6 months' time b) in 6 weeks' time c) in 6 years' time d) in 6 days' time
15. Why has the Rassendyll family been interested in the Elphberg family?
a) Because Amelia Rassendyll married a member of the Ruritanian royal family,
b) Because Amelia Rassendyll was married to Sir Jacob Borrodaile.
c) There were paintings of Amelia Rassendyll and her descendants on Robert's walls
d) Amelia Rassendyll prepared for Rassendyll's journey to Ruritania.
16. Whose paintings did Lord Burlesdon have on his walls?
a) Countess Amelia and her ancestors b) Countess Amelia and Rose
c) Countess Amelia and her descendants. d) Countess Amelia and her husband
17. What did many of Countess Amalia's descendants have in common?
a) The same black hair and straight noses b) The same red hair and straight noses
c) The same red hair and round noses d) The same red face and straight head
18. Which of these was not a reason that Rudolf
a He has six months before his job starts. b His family have relatives there.
c Rudolf the Fifth is to become King of Ruritania there shortly.
d He wants to be the ambassador to Ruritania
19. What special event is going to take place in Ruritania?
a There will be a war. b There will be a new King.
c There will be a new Duke of Strelsau. d Colonel Sapt is going to become ruler.
20. Rudolf Rassendyll didn't like to work because............... .
a) His family are in bad need of money. b) He enjoys a humble position in society
c) He dislikes the English ambassador d) He has nearly enough money to do anything
21. Who is Robert Rassendyll?
a) He is king of Ruritania b) He is Lord Burlesdon
c) He is Countess Amelia's husband d) He is an English ambassador
22. Rose was annoyed when Rudolf said that his family didn't need to do things because............. .
a) She wanted him to work in an embassy b) Her family was less important than the Rassendylls
c) He was a member of the Ruritanian royal family
d) Her family was more important than the Rassendylls
23. How did Rassendyll show that he had not been lazy all his life?
a) He spoke Arabic, Latin, Italian and Spanish. b) He had an interest in Ruritania.
c) He was very good at diving and riding bikes.
d) He had studied hard and learned a lot when he was at a German school and university
24. How was Rudolf Rassendyll different from his brother?
a) Robert only saw opportunities in his position b) Rudolf had red hair, but Robert didn't
c) Rassendyll realized his position in society had responsibilities
d) Rassendyll was always active and shouldered responsibilities
25. What kind of work did Rose suggest Rudolf should do?
a) He should be a member of a royal family b) He should be an ambassador in six months' time
c) He should work for Sir Jacob Borrodaile d) He should be a reporter in The Times newspaper
26. What is the reason that Rudolf Rassendyll gave for being lazy?
a) Because he came from an important family b) Because he didn't have a good job
c) Because he never helped in the house d) Because he never wanted to travel
27. Who was Sir Jacob Borrodaile?
a) He was a descendant of Rose b) He was a strong swordsman
c) He was to be Countess Amelia's fiancé d) He was to be an ambassador
28. What did Rose persuade Rassendyll to do?
a) To have an interest in Ruritania b) To be good with a gun and a strong swordsman
c) To become King of Ruritania d) To work for Sir Jacob Borrodaile.
29. Rassendyll agreed to work for Sir Jacob Borrodaile because.................... .
a) He thought the job sounded quite interesting b) Rose forced him to work for him
c) He would get a good salary d) He was out of job
30. Why did the guards at the Ruritanian border stare at Rassendyll?
a) He stayed in an inn in Zenda b) He was a relative of the king's
c) He didn't have a passport d) He looked very much like Rudolf Elphberg
31. What news did Rudolf read in the paper?
a) The King's coronation was delayed b) The King's coronation was cancelled
c) The King's coronation was to be in two weeks' time
d) All the hotels were full with people who wanted to see the Duke's coronation
32. Rassendyll Rudolf decided to stop at Zenda because...................... .
a) He knew that all the hotels in the capital were full of people
b) He wanted to see the king Rudolf Elphberg c) He knew that the coronation would be boring
d) He wanted to live in the castle of Zenda
33. Why did the owner of the inn like Michael, the Duke of Strelsau?
a) He would be the King and not his brother b) He wanted to be the king of Ruritania
c) He cared about the people d) He had been abroad for most of his life
34. What did the owner of the inn think of the king?
a) He had been in Ruritania for most of his life b) Many people even know how he looks like
c) He cared about the people d) She thinks he is almost a stranger
35. Why was the King at the Duke's hunting lodge at Zenda?
a) He bought the hunting lodge from the Duke b) Duke Michael invited him to rest there
c) He likes good food d) He likes living in the forest
36. Why was Duke Michael at Strelsau?
a) To make preparations for the coronation b) To book Rassendyll a room in a hotel
d) To be the king of Ruritania c) To invite his brother to stay in the hunting lodge
37.Who was Johann Holf?
a) A soldier who worked for the king b) A servant who worked for the king
c) A servant who worked in the inn d) A servant who worked for the Duke
38. Why did Johann step back in surprise when he saw Rassendyll?
a) Rassendyll had seen the King before b) He looked very much like the king
c) He didn’t expect to see new guests in the inn d) His sister was married to a wealthy trader
39. What did Johann invite Rassendyll to do?
a) To stay with him in the hunting lodge b) To stay with Johann's sister and her husband
c) To have dinner in the hunting lodge d) To stay with him in the inn
40. Why did Rassendyll decide to walk through the forest the next day?
a) So that he might go hunting b) So that he might see the king
c) So that he might swim in the moat d) So that he might live in the mansion
41. Why did Rassendyll think the castle was well-defended?
a) There was a moat all around it b) It had a large modern mansion
c) It had a drawbridge d) It's walls were very high
42. Why were Sapt and Fritz surprised to see Rassendyll ?
a) Because he was sleeping in the forest b) Because he worked in the army
c) Because he was a soldier like them d) Because he looked like the king.
43. Who did Colonel Sapt work for?
a) He worked for the Duke of Strelsau b) He worked for Rassendyll
c) He worked for the queen of England d) He worked for the King of Ruritania
44. What does Fritz look like?
a) He was thin and of medium height b) He was fat and of a big nose
c) He looked like a tough soldier d) He looked like a king
45. In what way were Rudolf Rassendyll and the King alike?
a) They were not kind men b) They both had an easy life
c) They both liked fighting d) They were both English
46. Why does Fritz von Tarlenheim say that he understands Rudolf Rassendyll well?
a) They are both officers for a King or Queen b) They both want to be King
c) They both look like the King d) They both want to meet the Duke