مدرس اون لايندخول

لغة انجليزية 3 اعدادي 2015 - سؤال القطعة

1- Read the following, then answer the questions:
    A famous doctor was always ready to help his poor neighbours. One day, an old woman came to his house and asked if he would come to see her husband who was sick and unable to work. The doctor followed the poor woman to her house. When he entered, he noticed that there was no food in the house. He examined the man, then asked the woman to come to his hospital to give her some medicine. The woman went there and he gave her a small box. He told her that she would find the instructions inside the box. When the woman reached her home, she opened the box. It contained the money the doctor had. On a piece of paper, he wrote these words; “To be taken when it is needed.”  
a- Answer the following questions:  
Do you think that the doctor is kind or not? Why?
1. How did the doctor know that the family was poor?
2. What did the doctor write on the piece of paper?
b- Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d:  3 x 1
3. There was --------------- in the box.
a- medicine   b- money   c- food   d- gold
4. The underlined word “there” refers to the ---------------.
a- woman’s house   b- doctor’s house   c- box   d- hospital
5. The woman’s husband was ----------------.a-ill   b- rich   c- young   d- clever
2- Read the following, then answer the questions:
    There are fish in seas, rivers and lakes. There are over 30000 kinds of fish in the world. Their size ranges from 2 cm. to 20 m. long. Their fins and tails are used in swimming. Most fish feed on other fish. Some eat plants. Fish are very important food. Since ancient times, man has used lines and nets to catch fish. We also get other products from fish, such as fish oil, glue and shells. Now, fishing has become a big industry. Modern ships and fishing equipment are used to catch fish. There are lots of fish farms in many countries today. These provide big amounts of fish for eating and processing.
a- Answer the following questions:  3 x 1½
Where do fish live?
How big are fish?
What do fish eat?
b- Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d:  3 x 1
There are more than ---------------- kinds of fish in the world.
a- three thousand   b- thirty hundred    c- thirty thousand   d- three hundred
The fins and tails of fish help them to ---------------.
a- eat   b- see   c- live   d- swim
The underlined word “These” refers to ---------------.
a- the fish farms   b- the fish   c- many countries   d- the products
3- Read the following, then answer the questions:        
                  I’m Waheed. I have got two brothers and three sisters. My father is an old farmer. My mother is a housewife. She spends all her time cooking and cleaning the house. My father and mother work day and night to help us lead a happy life. They bring us up to love our country, Egypt. We live in a nice house on the farm. My father grows a lot of vegetables. He also keeps some animals and birds. In my school, I have got a lot of friends. My school day begins at eight o’clock in the morning. After school, I usually help my father. I love looking after animals. I like to study farming because I want to grow the main crops on our farm.  
1-How many brothers has Waheed got?
1. What does Waheed’s father grow?
2. Why does Waheed like to study farming?
b- Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d:        
3. Waheed’s school begins at --------------- o’clock.
a- six b- nine c- eight d- seven
4. Waheed and his family leads a ---------------- life.
a- sad b- stressful c- troubling d- happy
5. Waheed’s mother works in -------------------.
a- a bank b- the house c- a company d- an office
4- Read the following, then answer the questions:
    Hany is giving a party at home. He has invited some of his friends. The party will be at five o’clock in the afternoon. Hany is giving this party because of his success. He has got high marks and his parents are very happy. His father will give him a present. His relatives and friends will also bring him some presents. His mother has made some cakes for them. He says that it will be a good party. They will enjoy listening to music and songs. They will have sandwiches, cakes and juice. Hany has finished his preparatory school and he will go to secondary school net year.  
a- Answer the following questions:  3 x 1½
Why is Hany giving a party?
What will his friends and relatives offer him?
How does the mother take part in the party?
Hany is giving his party -----------------------------.
a- at school b- at restaurant c- at home d- on the farm
His relatives and friends are going to listen to ----------------------.
a- the news on the radio b- the parents
c- friends and relatives d- music and songs
The underlined word “them” refers to ----------------------.
a- Hany’s family only b- Hany’s sisters and guests
c- Hany’s relatives and friends d- Hany’s brothers only.
5- Read the following, then answer the questions:
    Science has told us so much about the moon that it is easy to know a lot of things about it. The moon is not a friendly place. As there is no air or water, there can be no life of any kind. For mile after mile there are many big mountains. Above, the sun and stars shine in a black sky. If you move away from the mountain shadows, it will mean moving from very low temperatures into great heat. These temperatures break rocks away from the surface of the mountains.The moon is also a very silent world because sounds can only travel through air. From this distance, the Earth is shining more than the stars. It looks like a big ball, coloured blue, green and brown.
Why is the moon a silent world?
Who tells us about the moon?
What does the Earth look like from the moon?
There are many big --------------- on the moon.
a- mountains b- countries c- houses d- farms
The underlined word “it” refers to the ------------------.
a- sun b- Earth c- star d- moon
Above the moon, the sun and stars shine in a -------------- sky.
a- blue b- black c- green d- brown
6- Read the following, then answer the questions:                             Basim and his friend Ahmed were going for an evening walk, enjoying the fresh air. They came near an old house where nobody lived. It was dark inside. The boys were afraid. Basim had a torch in his hand and they walked down the steps until they came to a small room. The boys saw a big hole near the wall. There, they found a blue jacket. Under it there was a big brown bag. They carried the bag and the jacket up the steps quickly. They decided to go to the police station where the bag was opened. To their surprise, they saw two million dollars. The dollars were stolen from a bank a week before. The blue jacket led to the thieves who were caught by the police. The boys were rewarded and the money was returned to the bank.
What did the police find inside the bag?
Why were the boys rewarded?
What does the underlined word “There,” refer to?
----------------- people lived in the old house.a- A lot of   b- Few   c- Many   d- No
The boys went for a walk ---------------.
a- at night   b- in the afternoon   c- in the morning   d- in the evening  
The big bag was put in a ----------------.
a- jacket   b- hole   c- wall   d- bank
7- Read the following, then answer the questions:                             A lazy student went into a shop and the shop assistant said; “What can I sell you? Please hurry u, it’s eleven and we are going to close the shop.” The boy said; “Get a piece of paper and a pen, then write: a kilo of sugar at 175 piastres, half a kilo of cheese at 400 piastres and a quarter of a kilo of butter at 190 piastres. I’ll give you ten pounds. How much will you give me back?”“Two pounds and thirty five piastres,” said the shop assistant. “Thank you very much. That was my homework for tonight,” the boy said. The shop assistant solved the student’s problem in maths. Though the student was lazy, he was clever.    
What did the boy ask the shop assistant to do?
Why was the shop assistant in a hurry?
Why did the student thank the shop assistant?
A kilo of cheese costs ------------------ piastres.a- 420   b- 800  c- 400   d- 830
The student went to the shop ----------------------.
a- at noon   b- late at night   c- at 11 o’clock   d- early
The student was lazy but -----------------.a- clever   b- angry   c- greedy   d- unhappy
8- Read the following, then answer the questions:                            People’s problems are different in different parts of the world. In many European countries, the number of people is getting older. The birth rate is very low because many young people have only one child or none at all. In Africa, the number of people is doubling every 24 years. Many families continue to have large number of children. Parents like to have children to look after them when they become old and to help on land.However, better medical services have helped to increase people’s age. The size of the family is connected with the standard of women’s education. If more girls had gone to school in the last 20 years, family size in Africa would not have continued to be so big.
1-Why do families in Africa like to have many children?
2-What do medical services help to do?
1. Why is the birth rate very low in Europe?
The underlined word “them” refers to --------------------.
a- children   b- parents   c- families   d- numbers
2. If we have more educated girls, family size will be ------------------.
a- big   b- short   c- same   d- small
3. The text is about ------------------.
a- education   b- medical services   c- people’s problems   d- food problems
9- Read the following, then answer the questions:
    Reading is a useful and important habit in our modern life. We read books when we are alone or have free time. A lot of people prefer watching television but I like reading because it widens my mind. I can find new ideas and a lot of information which help me to make my life better.  It gives me the chance to think and dream. Although we live in the age of computer, the internet and there is a television set in every house, we need to read books which are easier to carry and move with us everywhere and every time. Try to read a book in the shade of a tree in a garden or a field and I am sure you will enjoy it very much.  
When can you read books?
Why is reading important and useful?
Where can you read a book?
------------------ people prefer watching TV.a- A few   b- Much   c- Many   d- Little
Reading is a -------------------- habit.a- bad   b- good   c- hard   d- useful
The underlined word “It” refers to ----------------------.
a- computer   b- the internet   c- reading   d- television
remove_circleمواضيع مماثلة
Mr.Riad
Thank you
thanks
privacy_tip صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى