صفحة 2 من اصل 3 • شاطر •
Unit 01 : The world of work
· accountant محاسب
· actor ممثل
· actress ممثلة
· architect مهندس معمارى
· journalist صحفى
· lawyer محامى
· researcher باحث
· receptionist موظف استقبال
· designer مصمم
· professor استاذ جامعى
· devise يبتكر
· atom ذرة
· molecule جزئ
· award يمنح منحة
· encourage يشجع
· encouragement تشجيع
· lecture محاضرة
· lecturer محاضر
· responsible for مسؤل عن
· intensify يكثف
· intensive مكثف
· graduated from خريج من
· occupation مهنة
· tolerate يتسامح
· symbol رمز
· portrait صورة
· tolerance التسامح
· symbolize يرمز
· honour تكريم- شرف
· attend يحضر
· decide يقرر
· decision قرار
The definite article “The” أداة المعرفة
أ- تستعمل أداة المعرفة "The"
1- When there is only ONE of something.
1- عندما لا يوجد إلا واحد من هذا الشيء
The Sun rises in the east
2- When we mean the general idea.
2- عندما نعني فكرة عامة
We like living in the countryside.
3- When we talk about species.
3- عندما نتحدث عن نوع أو سلالة وليس الجمع
The Giraffe is found in Africa.
4- When we talk about a discovery or invention.
4- عندما نتحدث عن اكتشاف أو اختراع
Graham Bell invented the telephone.
5- For the cinema, the theatre, the radio and the Internet.
5- تستعمل للسينما والمسرح والراديو وشكة الإنترنت
Samy went to the cinema alone.
6- For the names of some countries, mountains and rivers.
6- تستعمل مع أسماء بعض البلاد والجبال والأنهار
The Nile , The Sudan and The Himalayas.
7- With clauses of comparison.
7- تستعمل مع جمل بعض صيغ المقارنة مثل :
The more you study, the higher marks you get.
تستعمل مع بعض أسماء البلاد المركبة مثل
8- The United Kingdom - The Arab Republic of Egypt
We don’t use “the”
- لا تستعمل أداة المعرفة " The"
1- When we make general statements.
a) with countable nouns in the plural.
1- عندما نعطي ( أو نتحدث) عن إفادة عامة
أ- مع الأسماء القابلة للعدد في الجمع
-Women are not allowed to vote in some countries. (people)
-Vegetables are important for your health. (Food)
-Journalists write articles in newspapers. (Jobs)
-Trees don’t grow without water. (plants)
ولكن عندما نحدد (أي فئة من الناس) نضع الأداة.
The people who live in Egypt are friendly.
b) with uncountable names.
- مع الأسماء التي لا تًعد .
-Milk is good for children. (Food)
-Oil is used in making food. (Substances)
-Basketball is a popular game in America. (sports)
-Happiness has no relation with money. (Abstract)
-He studies Biology and physics at school.(School subj.)
-French is a very delicate language.(Languages)
Unit 06 : Amazing,but true!
· Atmosphere جوى غلاف
· conquer يغزو
· conquest (n)غزو
· pinpoint يحدد
· submarine غواصة
· Belong to يخص
· weather طقس
· climate مناخ
· Weather forecast نشرة جوية
· survive ينجو
· survival النجاة
· hunt يصطاد
· haunt يلزم- يسكن
· Prey فريسة
· Divide into يقسم
· grip قبضة
· seek يبحث
· challenge يتحدى
· Ocean محيط
· victim ضحية
· Terrify يرعب
· creatures مخلوقات
· surface سطح
· Senior أكبر أقدم
· Junior أصغر أحدث
· violence العنف
· Violent عنيف
· Violently بعنف
· oven فرن
· fridge ثلاجة
· Print يطبع
· Printer طباعة
· Explain يفسر
Comparative and superlative adjective.
أولاً المقارنة بين الصفات وهي ثلاث درجات.
هناك نوعان من الصفات.
I - صفات ذات مقطع واحد. One syllable adj.:
P - صفات ذات أكثر من مقطع. More than one syllable adj.
درجات المقارنة Comparative Degrees.
Positive.وهي مقارنة بين اثنان في مستوى واحد من هذه الصفة
Comparative.وهي مقارنة بين اثنان منهم واحد أعلى من الآخر في هذه الصفة.
Superlative . وهي مقارنة ين واحد ومجموعة وهو أعلى منهم في هذه الصفة
نستطيع تلخيص هذه الدرجات كالآتي :
A- Positive. B- comparative. c- superlative.
As صفة as صفة-er than the صفة-est
Ex: as cheap as cheaper than the cheapest
I - صفات ذات مقطع واحد One syllable adjectives.
Add “er” to short adj.
يضاف "er " في درجة المقارنة B- للصفة.
Ex: It is cheaper to travel to Aswan by train than by plane.
Add “er” to adjectives ending in “y” and change “y” into “I”
2- أضف " er" للصفات التي تنتهي حرف "y" مع تحويل "y" إلى "I" .
Ex: lucky, funny, happy
Samy is luckier than Wagdy in playing backgammon.
Add “er” to adjectives ending in a consonant preceded by a vowel and double the consonant.
3- أضف "er" للصفات التي تنتهي حرف ساكن ويسقه حرف متحرك مع مضاعفة الحرف الساكن.
Ex: big, hot, fat
Ahmed is fatter than Mohmoud
A. Positive B- Comparative C- Superlative
good Better than The best
Bad Worse Worst
Little Less Least
Much / many More Most
Far Farther Farthest
P- صفات ذات أكثر من مقطع.More than one syllable
A- positive B- comparative C- superlative Adj.-
As صفة as more صفة than the most صفة
A-1- Shadia is as beautiful as Laila.
B-2- Laila is more beautiful than Noha.
C-3- Samia is the most beautiful girl in our class
Unit 07 : The olympic games
· The Olympic Games الألعاب الأولمبية
· water-skiing التزحلق على الماء
· snow-skiing التزحلق على الجليد
· horse-riding ركوب الخيل
· diving الغطس
· Running الجرى - العدو
· wrestling المصارعة
· karate كاراتيه
· ban يمنع
· Win يكسب
· lose يخسر
· beat يهزم
· Amateur هاوى
· Professional محترف
· Expert خبير
· insist on يصر على
· Race سباق
· Drugs عقاقير طبية- مخدرات
· Addict يدمن
· Addiction ادمان
· Individual فردى
· Religion دبن
· Festival مهرجان
· original أصلى
· competition منافسة
· train يتدرب- يدرب
· Trainer مدرب
· Trainee متدرب
· empireة امبراطوري
· attack يهجم
· earthquake زلزال
· volcano بركان
· courage شجاعة
· Courageous شجاع
· Coward جبان
· stripped of يحرم من
· Committee لجنة
· perform يؤدى
· performance أداء
· harmful to مؤذى - ضار
· champion بظل
· championship بطولة
· run out ينتهى - ينفذ
· skill مهارة
· skillful ماهر
الأفعال Play , go , do تستخدم مع الألعاب الرياضية
أولاً : play يستخدم مع الألعاب التي نلعبها استخدام كرة.
· Example: play football, play basketball, play tennis, play table tennis.
ثانياً : go يستخدم مع الألعاب التي تنتهي حرف ...ing.
· Example: go swimming, go riding, go running, go wrestling.
ثالثاً: do يستخدم مع الرياضيات الأخرى.
· Example: do karate, do gymnastics.
يوجد في اللغة الإنجليزية كلمات وعبارات لرابط جملتين أو أكثر لتصح جملة واحدة.
بدلاً من استعمال كلمة and فقط.
يوجد أيضاً الكلمات الآتية :
بالإضافة إلى , in addition to الإضافة إلى Besides ليس فقط ... ولكن أيضاً as well ...... , not only علاوة على ذلك as well as
· On the feast we went to our uncle and the club.
· On the feast, besides going to our uncle, went to the club.
· -On the feast, in addition to going to our uncle, We went to the club.
· -On the feast, as well as going to our uncle, we went to the club.
· -On the feast, we not only went to our uncle, but we went to the club as well.
لاحظ الفرق في الاستخدام.
· Not only did we go to our uncle, but we also went to
· the club on the feast.
بدلاً من استعمال كلمة Because فقط.
يوجد أيضاً الكلمات الآتية نفس المعنى " لأن / س"
Since , as , due to , owing to
· He didn’t go to the party because he was sick.
· Since he was tired, he went to bed.
· As he was ill, he couldn’t go to work.
· The student succeeded in the exam due to being clever (due to his cleverness )
· We didn’t go to the garden owing to bad weather.
أ- كلمات ربط بمعنى " لكي"
· That, so that, in order that, to, so as to, in order to.
- كلمات ربط معنى " خوفاً من / لئلا / خشيةً أن "
Lest, for fear that ,So as not to
· The student studied hard so that he could get high marks.
· The student studied hard that he could get high marks.
· The student studied hard in order that he could get high marks.
· The student studied hard in order to get high marks.
· The student studied hard so as to get high marks.
· The student studied hard to get high marks.
Examples B :-
· He behaved well lest he should fall in trouble
· He behaved well for fear that he might fall in trouble
· He behaved well so as not to fall in trouble.
كلمات ربط بمعنى (But)
بالرغم من / مع أنAlthough , even though , however
· The dress was tight but the lady bought it.
· Although the dress was tight, the lady bought it.
· The lady bought the dress even though it was tight.
· The lady bought the dress, however it was tight.
كلمات ربط بمعنى (So)
ولذلك Therefore , consequently
· He had a good command of English and computer so he got a very good job.
· He had a good command of English and computer, therefore he got a very good job.
· He had a good command of English and computer, consequently he got a very good job.
كلمات ربط بمعنى (If .. not)
إذا.... لم unless
· He won’t work unless you give him money in advance.
· He won’t work if you don’t give him money in advance
Unit 08 : Zarafa
· Capture يأسر
· Welfare رفاهية
· Prosperity رخاء
· Transfer يحول
· handler راعى
· hand over يسلم الى
· dignityوقار - هيبة
· devoted مخلص
· Wonder يندهش
· Wander يتجول
· Gaze at يحملق
· Impression انطباع
· adore يولع - يحب
· Break into يندفع - يقتحم
· break out تشتعل
· platformرصيف محطة
· Pavementرصيف الشارع
· scratch يخدش
· approve يستحسن
· approval استحسان
· disapprove يستاء
· disapproval استياء
· reasonable معقول - على صواب
· athletics قوىألعاب
· on purpose عمدا
· Homesickمشتاق للوطن
· Homesicknessالحنين للوطن
· Trust يثق
· register يسجل - سجل
· nailsأظافر - مسامير
· Behaviour تصرف - سلوك
المبني للمجهول The passive Voice
1- زمن المضارع البسيط: V . Present
( am /is /are + PP)
· Active: He studies many subjects everyday.
· Passive: Many subjects are studied everyday.
2- زمن الماضي البسيط :V. Past
· Active : she ate the meal in the kitchen yesterday.
· Passive : The meal was eaten in the kitchen yesterday.
3- زمن المستقبل البسيط :
(will,shall,can,may ... + be + PP)
· Active : I shall conquer them.
· Passive : they will be conquered.
4- زمن المضارع
البسيط \V + ing
am ,is ,are + being + pp
· Active : He is collecting stamps .
· Passive : Stamps are being collected.
5- زمن الماضي البسيط
was , were + being + PP
Active: Someone was painting the room when I arrived.
Passive: The room was being painted when I arrived.
6- زمن المضارع التام:
Have ,has + been +PP
· Active: She has switched on the lights.
· Passive: the lights have been switched on.
7- الماضي التام:
had +been + pp
· Active: The thieves had broken the fan
· Passive: The fan had been broken.
8- going to
· Active: They are going to build a bridge.
· Passive: A bridge is going to be built.
· Active: I gave him many pens.
· Passive: He was given many pens.
· Many pens were given to him.
10- Modals أفعال ناقصة:
· 10 - Active : She can clean the house.
· Passive : The house can be cleaned
11- الجملة التي تبدأ ـ No…………….
· Active : Nobody has heard of this teacher.
· Passive : This teacher hasn’t been heard of by any body
Unit 09 : Business around the world
· Commerce تجارة
· Employee موظف
· unemployment بطالة
· gap فجوة
· expression تعبير
· manager مدير
· Sale بيع
· Production انتاج
· break-up تدهور
· declineيتدهور - ينهار
· Association جمعية- اتحاد
· spices توابل
· includeيشمل - يضم
· consist of يتكون من
· luxury goodsبضائع كمالية
· carry out ينفذ
· millennium ألفية
· the pressالصحافة
· mass media وسائل الاعلام
· training centreمركز تدريب
· trade routeطريق تجارى
· set upينشأ - يقيم
· Transportالنقل - المواصلات
· economicsعلم الاقتصاد
· expand يتوسع
· expansion توسع
· exportيصدر - تصدير
· importيستورد - استيراد
· foreign tradeتجارة اجنبية
· result in يتسبب فى
1. - تحل محل الأشخاص - Who / that
· Ex.: The boy plays tennis. He is clever.-
· The boy who / that plays tennis is clever.-
· The boy who / that is clever plays tennis.-
· Ex : This man is the train driver. I was talking with him.
· This man, who / that I was talking with, is the train driver.-
2. - Which / that - تحل محل الأشياء
· Ex : this is a fast plane. I came to Cairo by it.
· This is a fast plane by which / that I came to Cairo.
3. Whose - تستعمل لكى تدل على الملكية
· Ex.: Samia studies English . Her mother is a teacher of Math.
· Samia whose mother is a teacher of math studies English.
ضمائر الوصل Relative Pronouns
4. Where (which / that) - تستعمل لكى تدل على المكان
· Ex: This is the school. I learnt English in it.
· -This is the school where I learnt English.
· This is the school in which / that I learnt English.
· This is the school which / that I learnt English in.
لاحظ حذف حرف الجر
5. When - تستعمل لكى تدل على الزمان
· Ex.: I played baseball, I was in America at that time.
· -I played baseball when I was in America.
- لابد من استعمال ضمير وصل عندما يحل محل الفاعل
· Ex.: The boy who got the highest marks is my neighbor.
· Ex.: She put the books which / that were here on the shelf.
- لا نحتاج لاستعمال ضمير وصل عندما يحل المفعول
· Ex.: The boy (who / that) I met yesterday is careless.
· Ex.: The jacket (which / that) Samia bought is expensive.
7. بعد كلمة all نستخدم كلمة that
· Ex.: This all that I can do for you
6. which / who / that
Unit 10 : Revision
Test. A language Functions
A- supply the missing parts in the following dialogue between Baher and Ahmed about finding a job.
Ahmed : I am looking for a job.
Baher : #what kind of work do you want? #
Ahmed : secretarial work of any kind.
Baher : # When can you start ?#
Ahmed : I’m ready to start immediately.
Baher : #Do you know how to use a computer? #
Ahmed : of course, I have many courses in
Baher : # what about English language ? #
Ahmed : I speak English well and a bit of
Baher : I’ll keep you in mind.
A- give the situations.
A : Can I find silk shirts, please .
B : yes, we have the best collection.
A : How much is this shirt?
B : not too much and it is of the finest quality
Place : #clothes shop. Or shirts shop. #
Speaker A : #customer #
Speaker B : #shop assistant #
A : Excuse me , can you help me, please?
B : yes, It’s a pleasure.
A : I’d like to travel to Tanta.
B : The train will leave at 7 p.m. platform 2A.
A : Thank you.
Place :# Station . or train station #
Speaker A :# passenger #
Speaker B : # Train official, or booking clerk #
B . Vocabulary and structure
A- choose the correct answer from a,b,c and d.
1- Mount Everest is ………… mountain in the world.
As high as
2- The ………… place in the ocean is called “ challenger Deep “
3- The Piranha fish always hunt in ………… of
about twenty fish.
4- Samy is not good ………… writing English.
5-Success at the Olympic games was a ………….. question for some countries.
6-Nowadays most of sports ……… are professionals.
7- However ……… Aly is at sports, he won the medal of running race.
8- The pupils went to the zoo …………… watch the giraffe.
so as to
9-When a school of Piranha fish is in a feeding ………, the water appears to boil with blood .
10- ………… you don’t pay the plumber, he won’t do any work.
11- The French people were surprised as the giraffe was a ………… present .
12- A ………… is the person whom you work with at any place.
13- In the 20th century , world trade ……… rapidly.
14- No sooner …………… home than he met his uncle.
had he returned
he had re turned
15- They, as well as I, ………. in grade two.
16- When the giraffe of France died, it was ………… and kept in a museum.
A- Rewrite the following sentences using the word (s) in brackets to give the same meaning .
1- As samy had no money, he couldn’t buy a new car. (Owing to )
-Owing to having no money, Samy couldn’t buy a new car.
- Athletes are not allowed to use drugs. (Forbidden)
- It’s forbidden for athletes to use drugs
- Although the boy is polite, he insulted his friends. (However)
- However polite the boy is, he insulted his friends.
- She went to the cinema because she wanted to watch the new film. (so that)
- She went to the cinema so that she could watch the new film.
- The ship flew the flags of Egypt and France. (the flags)
-The flags of Egypt and France were flown by the ship.
C - Reading Comprehension
A-Read and then Write notes on the passage :
While you were in the garage. Mr. Jack Philip Phoned to book a room for 13th May but I couldn’t find the booking forms.
So, here are his details. He wants a double room for 2 nights. Mr. Jack
will arrive at 2 p.m. He wants to pay by credit card (visa) its number
is 3221 9881 5441 .
Name :# Mr. Jack Philip#
Date of arrival: #12th May #
Method of payment: #credit card No 3221 9881 5441 #
A-Read the following passage and then answer the questions :
Our interviewer also spoke to Janet West. Her sister is an airhostess
for a famous international airlines, and Janet wants to become one too.
Of course, she is still too young. The minimum age for an airhostess is
twenty and Janet is only Just over sixteen. For the moment she has taken
a job in an office. But she is also going to attend evening classes. In
particular, she wants to improve her French and she has also decided to
take up a second language (probably Spanish).
This is because foreign languages are an essential qualification for an airhostess.
Later on, when she is about eighteen, she plans to work in a hotel for a
while. This will not be difficult to arrange because one of her uncles
is the manager of a big London hotel.
Among other things, she proposes to work in the kitchen and the dining - room.
This will be specially a valuable experience because an important part
of an airhostess’s work is to serve and feed the passengers.
Finally, she intends to study first-aids and perhaps, if she has the time, she will go and work in a hospital for a while.
Meanwhile Janet is gaining experience through her present job. For the
office where she works is a travel agency. In this way she is learning
not only how to deal with people but also quite a lot about the places
which she one day hopes to fly to.
A- Answer the following questions:
1- Why is Janet unable to get the Job of an airhostess?
because she is only just over sixteen.
2-What is the most needed for a successful airhostess?
Foreign languages are essential
-How is her job in the office going to be useful ?
because she is learning not only how to deal with people but also quite a
lot about the places which she one day hopes to fly to.
3-Why does Janet plan to do several jobs in the next four years?
To become a successful air hostess.
A- choose the correct answer:
4- When Janet becomes eighteen, she ……………
-Plans to work in a hotel
-Will work in an office
-Will apply for the job of an air hostess.
-Will take up languages
5- Janet is going to attend evening classes to …………
be better in French and learn Spanish
6- It will be easy for Jaunt to get a Job in a hotel because …………..
Her uncle is a hotel manager
Her sister is an airhostess
She wants to get experience
She is well experienced
D - The Novel
A-Answer the following questions:
1-what did the German Egyptologist tell Dr shereen in his e. mail?
He told her about a medicine from the root of "Echinacea Negro " against the bite of the black and yellow spider
2-How many known species of spiders are there in the world?
There are about 30 000 and the number goes up all the time.
3-What is Professor Malcolm Jones?
He is the head of zoology Department at Oxford University. He is one of the top archeologists in the world.
B-Read the following quotations and answer the questions:
“ If the spiders are unknown, there is no antivenom for them “
-Who said this sentence?
This sentence was said by Dr. Malcolm Jones.
- Why was it difficult to have antivenom ?
Because the venom has to be injected in animals and when they form
antibodies. Scientists extract these antibodies and try to make a safe
antivenom. This will take years.
- What did the listener and the speaker hope ?
They hoped the spider might be a known species so that they can have antivenom.
C -Complete the following sentences:
b- Ayman used the Internet for # his studies and making friends abroad. #
- Firemen and fire Department use protective clothes in # fighting fires # . # extinguishing fires #
- Captain Ahmed wanted professor Jones to # to tell him everything about spiders #
8- Write a paragraph of eight sentences about
Living in New cities
You can make use of the following points.
Healthy atmosphere - modern flats - parks wide streets - no pollution.
9- A- Translate into Arabic:
The progress of technology has changed the position of women in
society. She can take an active part in social life, but she can’t be
free from her role as a mother.
إن التقدم التكنولوجي قد غير مكانة المرأة في المجتمع . وأصح لها دوراً فعالاً في هذا المجتمع ولكن ذلك لا يلغى دورها كأم .
B- Translate into English
أكتشف الباحثون المصريون طبقات كثيفة من البترول في الصحراء الغرية
Egyptian researchers discovered thick layers of petroleum in the western desert
صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى